Thursday, July 5, 2012

Portrait Sketches

I hope everyone had an awesome 4th of July. I watched the Boston Pops on TV since I hate crowds but love love LOVE Jennifer Hudson. She's my favorite actor/singer/role model. But anyways, I decided to post some sketches. Everything that I draw isn't always a finished piece of art. Sometimes it's  a plan that I never did, an experiment, or just some random drawings. These sketches are all experimental self-portraits using different (and slightly unusual) media.

Done with collaged paper, charcoal, and nail polish.

Done with ink, white acrylic paint, and tea (yes tea).

Done with collaged charcoal paper, charcoal, wax paper, tooth picks,
and watercolors.

Done with acrylic paint and aluminum foil. 

Both the first one and the last one inspired two of my concentration pieces seen in the first post here. I would recommend doing experimental sketches simply because they are very fun and they make you explore different ways of doing art.

No comments:

Post a Comment