Thursday, July 12, 2012

Figure Drawings Part 1

So you've seen lots of my portraits and it's obvious that I love drawing people. There's just something about people that makes them so fun and interesting to draw. Maybe because everyone is different in some and yet we all have the same basic structure. It's especially cool (to me anyways) that you can draw a regular face - eyes, nose, mouth, etc. - and if you just add some tell-tale trait, the face automatically looks like the one you're trying to draw. For example, thick, short, blond hair and a beauty mark equals Marylin Monroe. Or big ears make most of our recent US presidents.

But I digress.

This is supposed to be about figure drawings. I will say this: it's difficult to get the proportions just right so it doesn't look weird. But anyways, here are some early figure drawing sketches back from my manga-phase. Manga is actually the reason I became so interested in drawing people, and it's how I learned how to draw people.






Hopefully you can see them all and they're not too faint.

No comments:

Post a Comment