Friday, July 20, 2012

Citrus Project

I started my own little art project yesterday which I called "Citrus Project". I will probably be doing a few drawings and paintings where the main focus is some kind of citrus fruit. My first one is on really tiny canvases; they are about 2.5"x3.5". There are four canvases in all and I painted a section of a different type of citrus fruit on it. The whole thing took about 3.5-4 hours to do.

Yesterday, I thought I was done, but when I woke up this morning and looked at the paintings again, I thought, "You know, I can make each one a truly individual piece of art. I can paint around the sections of fruit with a different kind of fruit." You can see what I mean more clearly when you see the actual piece below. But, I'll start off with some WIPs.
















As you can see, it still looks a little unfinished (although it does look pretty cool). What I'm going to do is paint slices of lemon with the orange, slices of orange with the lime etc. I'll probably finish it at some other time.

No comments:

Post a Comment