Monday, June 3, 2013

Typography etc.

I've really taken a liking to typography, especially quotes and Bible verses. It's interesting to see how different people visualize them and place importance on different parts. In the previous post, I hand-lettered quotes, this time I used Photoshop. I do admit, I like the ease with which I can use an "Undo" button or quickly change colors if I don't like the initial ones. 

So here are two of my favorite Bible passages, 1 Corinthians 13 (aka the love chapter) and Jeremiah 29:11-13. I love the Jeremiah passage because it reminds me that God is in control and I don't need to worry about my future so long as I trust in Him. 1 Corinthians 13 is not so much the actual chapter but a representation of it in the form of a checklist of sorts. The passage is easily visualized as such.




And here is a watercolor sketch I did of some flowers. I also outlined it a little bit using a thin marker. I really like how I did the background; I used wet-on-wet techniques. That basically means I wet the paper before painting on it to make it look cloudy and to make it recede in the background. It was fun, I might do more quick little watercolor sketches.






No comments:

Post a Comment