Monday, October 29, 2012

Obsession

Obsession: the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image, or desire.

Very cliche opening, I know. It describes my feelings exactly about drawing, especially drawing eyes. Lately (as I may have said before), I have not been able to draw as much since college happened. But that doesn't mean that the desire has gone away, just that I don't have time. Well today a bunch of time opened up thanks to a girl called Sandy. I'm sure students everywhere are rejoicing for her wonderful appearance, especially since none of us are responsible for anything super important but ("just") our education. And I should be studying for an exam I have tomorrow, but art!

So, this the lovechild between me and hurricane Sandy. Two eyes drawn with weighted pencils, 4H-8B or thereabouts.


On a semi-unrelated note, this photo was taken on my new iPhone 5! That kind of explains the not so awesome quality (not to say anything bad about Apple but it is a cell phone, not a Nikon).

You'll notice that there's a slight difference in how the eyes look in terms of sharpness. On the second one, I used more of the point of the 8B pencil for the eyelashes and iris detail. Personally, I like the second one more; I paid more attention to the details in that one than I did in the first one, and it's more dynamic (basically not straight on like the first one). Thanks to Sandy, I can be productive art-wise, and maybe cure my artist's block.

No comments:

Post a Comment