Sunday, August 5, 2012

Bear Commission Finished (plus extra studio shots)

I have finally finished the bear painting for my mom. One more painting (of a bull) to go! I might go back later and do more finishing touches; for art is never truly finished, it's only paused for a while (I think a famous artist said this, but I'm just paraphrasing). And I'm sorry for the lack of posts during the week, sometimes I just get lazy.




Yes, those are currency symbols in the background. The bear is a financial symbol you know. And very sorry for the bad lighting. My camera is in no way professional and my studio lacks good lighting.

Today, I've included some pictures of my material set-up and my "studio" space, and I use the term studio very lightly. It mostly consists of my art desk in a messy corner of my room, and if I have to paint on a large canvas, like these commissions, I go upstairs to our little storage/attic space. It's also quite messy and a little cramped. But I have no problem making room for myself and my iPod.

The space I use to work on large canvased works
My collection of paints etc.

My beautiful palette. Really, it's just a plastic party tray I got from Iparty.

A clean art desk is a rare thing indeed.
I was thinking about posting a video one day of a complete piece of art. I'm not sure what I would do but stay tuned for said video!

No comments:

Post a Comment